PAI does not provide staffing for Homemaker services. Instead, we work with you to hire the worker of your choice. This could be a family member, friend, or other natural support from your community. If you do not already have someone in mind, you can follow these tips and tools to find a Support Worker.
Homemaker services help a person manage general cleaning and household activities. A person is eligible to receive homemaker services when either of the following is true:
- The person needs support to manage the general cleaning and household activities.
- The primary caregiver who is regularly responsible for these activities is unable to manage them or is temporarily absent.
- There are three types of homemaker services:
- Homemaker cleaning.
- Homemaker home management.
- Homemaker assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs).
Note: A person receiving homemaker cleaning services is not required to be present for the provider to deliver the service. However, a person must be present for the provider to deliver homemaker home management and homemaker assistance with ADLs.
Contact PAI to learn more about our Homemaker program and start the admissions process.