The Department of Human Services (DHS) lifted certain COVID-19 restrictions for day support, day training and habilitation, prevocational, and structured day services for people with disabilities. Individual providers could begin adjusting their plans and practices any time after May 28, 2021. In response to DHS’s document, “Day services for people with disabilities: Resumption of program activities,” PAI has made the following changes:
Effective Monday, July 12, PAI will begin delivering service on the following schedule:
- Commerce and Parkway locations: 7:30AM to 1:00PM
- Linden and Oakdale locations: 9:00AM to 3:00PM
Effective Monday, June 28:
- Participants do not have to be strictly maintained in cohorts;
- Strict social distancing is not required;
- Operations will resume at full capacity;
- Staff members who are fully vaccinated and choose to provide proof of vaccination are not required to wear a face covering;
- Full use of microwaves and refrigerators may resume;
- Temperature checks and the Health Screening Questionnaire or Symptom Screener Document are no longer required;
- The most current guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health will be followed upon learning of a potential exposure to COVID-19; and
- Non-essential visitors and volunteers are allowed in PAI’s facilities if they are fully vaccinated and are willing to show proof of vaccination.
Look for updates and changes to transportation structure and requirements coming in June and July.
The complete Preparedness Plan may be accessed under the News and Events tab in the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates section.
We look forward to this next step toward PAI’s new normal! Please reach out to your Program Director with any questions or concerns. We are grateful that you are part of the PAI community and look forward to seeing you in person soon!