Do you have a talent you’d like to share with others? Do you have extra energy you need to channel? You will make a difference at PAI.
We are looking for people to help our mission to support adults with developmental disabilities through recreation and vocational skill building. We are flexible and respectful of your time, offering onsite and virtual volunteer opportunities. On-site opportunities are available Monday through Friday during the hours of 8:00-2:30; virtual activities can be done on your home computer at any time.
There are many ways you can help, including but not limited to the following ideas:
- Do you like to get out and about? Help our staff escort clients to the theater, Science Museum or other cultural and community events.
- Are you a chef or just addicted to the food network? We’d love your help assisting with a cooking class!
- Do you have a green thumb? Help us plant, weed and water our gardens.
- Are you a power shopper? Go shopping with staff and clients and share your skills.
- Do you love reading out loud and creating characters with your voice? Our clients love hearing a good story.
- Are you handy with woodworking or other tools? Make special adaptations for clients.
- Do you like to paint walls and trim? We could use help creating inviting spaces for clients.
- Can you make custom frames? Help us frame client-made artwork.
- Are you a theater or music student looking for an appreciate audience? Our clients are enthusiastic listeners.
- Do you have great translation skills? We’d love your help creating documents in Hmong, Spanish and other languages popular in our communities.
- Do you have special skills in marketing or graphic design? We could use your help and suggestions for marketing PAI.
- Would your group sponsor PAI or a fundraising activity? This is a great opportunity for churches or community organizations.
- Maybe you’d like to donate doggy treats? Our visiting therapy dogs will thank you!
- Can you help us purchase new supplies? We’re in constant need of replenishment.
Interested in volunteering? Contact our HR Director, Lisa Olson, at 651-407-7174 or firstname.lastname@example.org.