Interested in helping out while gaining valuable experience? We have many opportunities for you to learn and help others at PAI, including but not limited to the following options.
Client Services Internships
Learn how to help our clients develop the skills they need to achieve independence and integrate into their community. Opportunities for client services are available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. through 2:30 p.m.
Options to work with clients include:
- Develop and implement an active treatment activity.
- Create adaptive board or card game.
- Develop a texture- or scent-based activity.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultures/languages by doing a presentation.
- Create art projects to do with clients.
- Lead a cooking class.
- Give a skit or short play based on learning concepts.
- Develop and teach a learning song.
- Throw a holiday or birthday party and develop theme-based games.
- Share your favorite hobby or craft.
- Go on community activities and help clients in the community.
- Research and develop an adaptive device to help a client with work tasks or recreational activities.
- Make a speech board or utilize an iPad to develop a speech system for a client.
- Learn about disabilities and how you can teach a person to work or pursue recreational activities.
- Develop or find adaptive computer games.
- Nurture client friendships with people in the community.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Pitch us an idea! We’re open to other internship opportunities, as long as your goals help us meet our goals.
Business internships can be done offsite and are flexible with your time. Opportunities include, but are not limited to, helping PAI with:
- Community and business relationship development.
- Graphic design.
- Grant writing.
- Computer programming.
- Development and donor relations.
- Research industry trends and new ideas.
- Fashion and design; develop fashionable adaptive clothing.
Contact Us Today
Interested in getting started on a PAI internship? Contact our HR Director Lisa Olson at 651-846-9273 or email@example.com.